Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Name Suggestions

Compatriots;
I figured I would do in the latest "thing" and rename my blog. I have entertained thoughts of this for a while, somewhat because I am not as into the Southern Nationalist movement as I once was, and because I thought using my blog to promote the Kingdom of God on this earth would be far better than trying promote Southern Nationalist views. The fact that the Southern people are not a distinct people, or worthy of nationhood is not the issue, my beliefs are close to the same as before, but I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God before I am a Southron. This blog will still be used to post on issues of politics, world events etc however I will focus more on theological issues than before, and the political posts will be done with the Kingdom in view, not Southron Independence. Anyways, I am putting the option up for all my readers to chime in and give suggestions.

Thanks,

RGM/Editor

8 comments:

Johann said...

Well RG, I don't have a suggestion for a name, but I really like what you're doing. Keep up the good work!
~Johann

Anonymous said...

You could use the phrase that you often sign your post with- "For God and Kirk". That ought to properly convey your purpose- a focus on the Kingdom of God which leaves plenty of room for Southern views as well.

BTW, I was not before aware of the Southern Nationalist movement; what exactly is it?

RM said...

Compatriots;
I think "For Christ and Kirk" pretty much sums up my blog. I like it, so unless I hear of something better in the next 10 minutes I will make that the new name.


Mell,
The Southern Nationalist movement is based upon the idea of a Southern Nation still being in existance, and a seperate and distinct people worthy of political, social, and economic independence through secession of the Southern States. The premier group promoting this idea is the League of the South, their site is www.dixienet.org. The leadership of the LoS is comprised of many brilliant, Godly men, many of whom I know fairly well. Another group is CSAGOV.org, however they are attempting to restaff the old CSA government instead of a new secession and a new Confederation.

I have been involved with the LoS in the past, and if you have any more questions feel free to email me.

Johann said...

Hey RG, I like it!

Lucy Lee said...

This may be a random Question but, Why do you spell "The Southron Nationalist" with a RON instead of ERN " The Southern Nationalist"????

Rebecca said...

And I think this has been asked before, but I can't remember the answer.
Who's Kirk?

RM said...

I think I should make a permanent page "about the name" like Stephen Boyd did LOL!

Lucy,
Southron is merely the old-fashioned way in which people from the South were called. Now "Southerner" has replaced it. in the Southern Independence movements we use Southron to further assert our claim as an independent nation.


Rebecca,
Kirk is the Scottish word for the universal church of Christ, and many times is used to refer to the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Scotland.

Back to the Land said...

Im with ya on this! :) alittle late for comment I know, but it wasnt my fault I wasnt on here yet! ;)
Kelsey